Can I Get Repeat Lipo on Same Areas Where There are Lumps and Scar Tissue? What Technique Is Best?

I had lipo done several years ago and would like to repeat it due to some lumpiness in my abdomen. I also would like to repeat the lipo in my hips but there seems to be some scar tissue from the original procedure. Cam those areas be treated again and if so, what method would give me the best results?

Yes, they can be treated again, but sometimes results aren't as good the second time.

+1

While it is definitely possible to have tumescent liposuction twice, the scar tissue that occurs after the first session is tougher to treat.  For that reason, SmartLipo is a great additional procedure which helps to break up the fat and make the treatment easier.  Good luck!

Omaha Dermatologist

Redo lipo

+1

Redo lipo may be possible but an exam would be necessary.  If the firmness is early post-op, massage may help.

Repeat Liposuction Can Be Done

+1

Liposuction can be repeated.  Be sure to maintain a good weight as weight gain, or loss will change your results.   Spot revisons may be performed, or a general overall lipo may be repeated.  Depressed areas may need lipofilling (fat grafting) and raised areas will be taken down with repeat liposuction. Smartlipo to the skin and deeper areas will help tighten the envelope as a kind of shrink wrap.

Marin Plastic Surgeon

Lipo can be done again but the tissue can be fibrous

+1

For a repeat liposuction in an area with scar tissue, I would recommend using some sort of energy device to help break up the fibrous tissue.  Laser-assisted lipolysis or ultrasound/vaser technologies can help extract the fibrous, scarred fat from areas where you have had prior treatments - giving you a better result the second time.

Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction under local anesthesia can be done as many times as you need safely.

+1

Liposuction under local tum. anesth is very safe and can be done whenever you need it.  Using the micro canulas are what is going to give you the smoothest results and is done easily and meticulously by being able to stand the patients up and have them in multiple position to make sure the areas are smooth and look great.  Expect to pay roughly $5-6000 on special for quality work for the abdomen.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon