Is It Necessary to Repeat AHA Chemical Peeling 4 Times?

I've done an AHA peeling on my face.MY physician ask me to repeat it 4 times.But I don't want though.It's so annoying until recovery.I can't go outside with a peeling skin.I'm still a student and I can't concentrate on my studies.Please I need an advice.Should I need to repeat the peeling?If I don't will it have any bad effects?

Repetition of AHA peels

+2

If you already have the desired result from one peel, you are certainly not obligated to have further peels.  Additional chemical peels can help to maintain that desired effect, but there is definitely no hard rule that 4 is the magic number.  It all depends on the individual being treated.  There will not be any "bad effects" if you decide not to get additional peels.

Tarrytown Dermatologic Surgeon

No need to repeat

+2

Madhu, Repeating these light peels is just a way to get them to be a little more effective without having a more aggressive peel that would give you even more down time. No need to repeat four times. Sounds like you have had enough. Stopping now is harmless and will not cause you any problem. You will get and keep the improvement that you have gotten from the peels that you have had. You might do well with some good topical to maintain what you have gotten-ask the dermatologist. Don't forget the sunscreen or you will have done all of this for nothing. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

The AHA peels are very light.

+2

There is logic to repeating them to maintain their very mild effect.  However, there is no rule that says you must have this.  You will not cause yourself harm by not completing the proposed course of treatment.  Ask yourself if you feel your doctor is being too pushy?  This might not be the right office for you if that is the case.