Repair Surgery on Umbilical Hernia and Diastasis Recti. Can't Afford to Travel Outside of NC, and possibly on Medicaid?

I'm a 25y/o mother who ended up with an umbilical hernia and a diastasis recti- neither of which corrected themselves, resulting from my pregnancy. From what I've read, the wrong kind of exercise and lifting too much weight can make the problem worse, so I've been terrified to even try and lose the weight. My bellybutton is tender 24/7, and my stomach is continually in pain- of varying levels. I'm aware that this needs to be addressed, but don't know surgeons in my area who could help.

Anterior abdominal repair after pregnancies

+1

Your problem is relatively standard for a plastic surgeon to handle.  There is most likely a plastic surgeon in your region of N.C. that you could seen in consultation.  

Can I get a tummy tuck on Medicaid?

+1

Tummy tucks are cosmetic procedures and won't be covered by any insurance.  This goes for repairing your diastasis recti.  However, you can check your provider manual for Medicaid and find a general surgeon to fix the umbilical hernia.

Brian Dorner, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon