Options For Repair to Stomach After Laproscopic Colectomy?

2 yrs ago I had 12" removed, it then herniated. I had 2 surgeries in same incision. They placed a mesh pad so it would not herniate again. The mesh pad was almost an inch thick and they said it would get absorbed leaving only the flat mesh portion. That part of my stomach just sticks out while the upper part is nice and flat. What can I do?

Tummy tuck

+1

So sorry but more information is needed to intelligently answer your question such as type of mesh, placement of mesh, scars on abdomen, appearance of abdomen, and better yet, an in person consultation. Sorry to not be more helpful.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck may or may not be helpful

+1

Thank you for your question. You will have to include photos or better yet, see a plastic surgeon in consultation.

To have an idea of what might be good for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more of help. Best wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS