Is It Possible to Repair "Ripped" Skin After Pregnancy?

I'm 110 lbs 2 and 1/2 yrs after pregnancy. I have a small frame so pregnancy "ripped" my skin. I've lost ALL pregnancy weight, work out consistently, etc. I have a fairly flat stomach but the scarring, ripped skin is still there and the tiniest bit of extra skin. Not traditional stretch marks with the large lines. Instead the skin is almost ...pocked. It's not all that noticeable to others (or they're just being nice!). What options do I have to remove scarring and semi-fix"sleepy" belly button?

Stretching of abdominal skin and pregnancy

+2

This is actually commonly seen after pregnancy but to varying degrees.  It is due to the elastin fibers in your skin breaking or stretching so far they cannot recoil back.  Not unlike a rubber band that is overused.  There are a few umbilicoplasty procedures that attempt to remove extra skin around the belly button but I am not a fan.  If you plan on having more children, I would wait and see what things look like after.  However, if not, you may want to consider a mini tummy tuck and possibly float the belly button.  Consult with a plastic surgeon to assess if you are a candidate for this type of surgery.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon