What Can Be Done to Repair My Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a revision rhinoplasty a year and seven months ago to remove a bump from the bridge that had developed after my first surgery as well as to shorten the length of my nose. At 6 months, I was told the tip was still very swollen and would go down. I asked about kenalog injections, but my doctor refused. The tip looks exactly as it did then and has no definition. In addition, my revision scar has left my columella looking droopy and weird. What should I do to repair this?

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

You can discuss these problems with your surgeon or get a second opinion from an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist. Your concerns are reasonable and can be corrected with limited surgery.

What Can Be Done to Revise My Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

A revision could be performed to reduce the cartilage or scar tissue volume in the supratip area. The scar in your columella looks to have widened for some reason. These issues can both be addressed at the time of revision. At over one year, it is unlikely that a steroid injection will do much in the supratip region. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

You may benifit from more definition to the tip of the nose, whether by graft or sutures depends on the original surgeries.

The columella is overhanging, can be repaire. If I am seeing the incision on the columella right then it is very high.