Is It Possible to Repair Double Gluteal Crease? (Photos)

After what was supposed to be a minor liposuction on my outer thighs, I was left with a double gluteal fold on both legs. The right side is clearly worse than the left. Can this be repaired and if so, how? Had I known this was a possible result, I would have never done the procedure in the first place. It was not necessary and has made matters much worse.

A double gluteal crease

+1

it can be very difficult to fix this.  This is often due to hanging skin from disruption of the buttock attachments or deflation of the buttocks themselves.  Sometimes fat grafting can help.

+1

Though you state you are very displeased, the attempts to correct (in my opinion) this very minor crease issue are very poor and could worsen this. Please re consider doing anything- fat grafts, liftings. 

Repair of Double Gluteal Crease with Fat Transfer

+1

The area of skin laxity can be improved with fat grafting in much the same way that a buttock can be contoured in the Brazilian buttlift.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of fat transfers each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lower Buttock Lift for Double Gluteal Fold

+1

Once the fat has been removed it is now an overhanging skin fold. While fat injection is one option, a limited lower buttock lift will provide the most immediate and assured result...albeit with a scar in the lower gluteal fold.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction Contour Deformity Correction

+1

Correction of contour deformities after liposuction is challenging, but can be done with fat grafting.  However, fat grafting is unpredictable, in terms of fat survival, and may require multiple sessions to achieve your goal.  Double gluteal folds created from liposuction is a more challenging contour deformity to correct with fat grafting and will very likely require multiple sessions.

Patrick C. Wilson, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Is It Possible to Repair Double Gluteal Crease?

+1

Thanks for the question. I am sorry to hear about the poor result of Lipo. I think your problem can be addressed by butterfly Butt lift. Try a consultation with good PS in your locality. Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon