Repair of Collapsed Nostril?

Hello, I have had several surgeries on my nose from sinus repair to a severe sinus infection. My nose had a hump, now it is very small. I have tried nose strips, they do not work for me. I have been using nose cones, they collapse. The left side of nose is so bad that nothing will stay open. I have seen the metal cones and am considering that route. Then I saw about the surgical procedure. Overall, is it a success. Is this performed by an ENT or PS? Is one better than the other?

Doctor Answers (1)

Repair of Collapsed Nostril?


       Airway collapse due to valve problems can be corrected with cartilaging grafting maneuvers to lend support to the area.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 237 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.