How Repair Belly Button After a Herniated Surgery Made It Look Deformed and Flat?

Deformed Belly Button after Hernia repair?

+1

Difficult to answer without a picture, please repost with a picture and a better explanation of what has occurred.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button Deformity after Umbilical Hernia Repair

+1

You report a deformed belly button after having an umbilical hernia repair. However, without a physical examination nor a photograph which documents the nature and extent of your belly button deformity  it is impossible to suggest how your particular deformity may be addressed. 

I would suggest you consult a Plastic surgeon who you trust and have him examine you and educate you as to your options. In the vast majority of such cases the belly button appearance can be improved.

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Deformed Belly Button After Hernia Repair

+1

I receive several calls a year for this problem.  Without a picture it is difficult to determine wheter anything can be done.  You will need to wait at least 6 -12 months for the healing and swelling process to finish.  Then, you can be evaluated to determine if anything can be done.

Best Wishes,

Brian Joseph MD, FACS

Brian Joseph, MD

Umbilicus concern

+1

I am sorry I am not sure what your asking, please send a picture and little more detail about your concerns.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Umbilicus "Deformed and Flat” after Umbilical Hernia Prepare?

+1

It is difficult to give you good advice without direct examination or viewing pictures.

Often patients who have umbilical hernias will also have very stretched/send out skin overlying the hernia. This makes the surgical “creation” of a  attractive "inny"  belly button  challenging. This is especially true if patients have very little subcutaneous tissue between the skin and the underlying abdominal wall muscle.

Sometimes, depending on the exact situation, it is possible to improve the appearance of the umbilicus with revisionary surgery.

Appearance of umbilicus

+1

I may not be understanding your question.   Are you saying that your belly button is now flat after an umbilical hernia repair.   Depending on the size of your hernia and the hernia repair required, this can definitely impact the appear of your umbilicus.  

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS