My Right Breast Bottomed Out and is Deformed. HP vs MOD?

I am 5'2" and 110lbs. I got 225 HP silicone gel implants. However I need to have some repairs because my right breast bottomed out by 2cm and have horrible muscle flexion deformity on the right breast as wellmy breast looked to narrow. My base diameter is 12cm prior to surgery but my implant base width is 10.1cm and projection 4.2. I dont like them at all. I have no cleavage Im very pointy and they feel tight on my chest.Now I want a repair and revision. I not sure if I should go with HP or MOD +.

Best Breast Implant for Revisionary Surgery?

+2

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination. I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons and discuss your goals carefully. You may want to use goal pictures to help with this communication. After direct examination and communication of your goals  your plastic surgeon will be able to guide you in the selection of the most appropriate breast implant profile.

Implant selection should be based on anatomy

+2

Your appearance is the result of using an implant that has too much projection without adequate base width. A moderate plus profile implant (Mentor) or style 15 (Allergan) implant will most likely improve your breast appearance. As far as the inferior displacement, repair can be performed simultaneously with the implant exchange. I usually recommend a capsulorrhapy with plication. Depending on the tissue thickness, you may also need inferior support with ADM, I recommend Strattice. Make sure you are further evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in breast revision surgery. 

Charles A. Messa III, MD

Be careful when considering high profile breast implants!

+2

In my opinion, high profile implants are way overused and result in breasts that appear like your complaints describe.  I use almost exclusively low profile implants in a cold-subfascial placement that is described in the below video.  True subfascial placement and exchange for wider lower profile implants should correct your problems.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Implant choice

+1

Tough call without an exam.  If you have bottoming out you want to make sure that the implant is not too big( wide for your pocket) causing them to bottom out.  An exam in person is key.  Good luck.

HP breast implant looks narrow and pointy without cleavage

+1

It is interesting that you list all the things you are not liking about the high profile breast implant, and ask if you ahould choose the HP again. Really? If the animation deformity is a great bother then you must consider a subglandular augmentation. If it is a natural breast that you want then consider a moderate profile gel implant or lower. You may avoid the projected pointy look and the broader base just might improve cleavage.

My Right Breast Bottomed Out

+1

I'm sorry but it is not possible to answer a question regarding appearance with knowing what that appearance is. It does sound like you have some problems that should not be hard to correct but a lot more information is needed. See an experienced and board certified plastic surgeon for answers.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Revision plan

+1

It is impossible to make any recommendations without a physical exam.  Your surgeon will need to assess your tissue, breast size, and asymmetries to develop a revisional treatment plan.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS