Should I Rent a Medical Bed/Chair After Mommy Makeover?

Including a TT and BBL (Fat Transfer) ? I am pretty sure I will be doing all my procedures at once along with pain pumps, I am still researching risks but I doubt I will ever have this opportunity again. Any advice on what to make this easier would be so helpful.

Medical bed rental for post op mommy makeover?

+2

I would pass on the bed unless you have some mobility issues but I do recommend that my tummy tuck patients consider renting or borrowing a walker.  A walker really makes it a lot easier to get up from sitting and to walk around (which you should do to avoid lung or blood clot problems).  No one want's to putter around with their walker but I really do think it helps with recovery!  I pass this along as a tip from one of my tummy tuck patients.

Seattle Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Lisa Lynn Sowder

Not safe to do mommy makeover with brazilian butt lift.

+2

Hi.

I urge you to think again.  It has been shown that doing all this surgery together increases your risk of serious complications, specially blood clots.  I would do this in two stages.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Reclining chair best after mommy makeover

+1
Although a Mommy Makeover typically involves the Tummy and Breasts It also can be any other combination.
You can certainly do a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and in fact harvest fat from the tummy including the extra part that would be discarded and use if for the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL).
Typically after a tummy tuck/BBL combination we have our patients sleep in a reclining chair for most of the first week. If you don't have one you can borrow or rent one rather than a surgical bed. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Mommy Makeover

+1

I do not think you will need a bed or chair.  You should be up every 1-2 hours to walk. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Mommy Makeover

+1

I don't think that a medical bed is necessary.  All of my patients recover just fine at home in their recliner or on their bed (with lots of pillows).  I don't do the brazilian butt lift so you may want to ask your surgeon regarding that procedure.

Special chair

+1

my Dad, he's 90, has a chair that stands him up, no really, literally lifts up so that you don't have to use your core muscles to get up. I don't do any butt lifts, but plenty of TT and I think most people would like it. I may consider talking to my pts about it. thx for the idea.

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Should I Rent a Medical Bed/Chair After Tummy Tuck / Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

RE - "Should I Rent a Medical Bed/Chair After Mommy Makeover? Including a TT and BBL (Fat Transfer) ? I am pretty sure I will be doing all my procedures at once along with pain pumps, I am still researching risks but I doubt I will ever have this opportunity again. Any advice on what to make this easier would be so helpful."

Just because your surgeon can physically do a combination of procedures (and of course charge for them) does not really mean that doing so is a good idea.

Data published by AAAASF, the group which certifies, inspects and regulates the majority of free standing Plastic Surgery office operating rooms in the US published its data on the complications of Tummy Tuck surgery and the results are sobering. Tummy Tuck surgery especially when combined with OTHER operations is associated with a very high risk of blood clot formation or DVT and having such clots dislodge and travel to the lungs (PE) which can be fatal.

In a Brazilian Butt Lift a significant amount of low suction level liposuction is performed on the tummy,arms, thighs and back and the fat is then processed and grafted in narrow channels to augment the buttocks. Just as a single stab incision with a knitting needle is not a painless experience, being stabbed a few hundred times with a sterile liposuction steel cannula is not painless either. As a result, liposuction of the arms, thighs, tummy and back and having the fat placed in the buttocks result in soreness of ALL these areas. Now, consider the fact that most surgeons advise their BBL patients NOT to sit on their (grafted) behinds for at least 2 weeks, HOW are you going to rest? With soreness of the tummy (and stitches which should not be stressed) and soreness of all the other areas, short of standing up or hanging upside down like a bat, which pain-free body area would you have to rest on?

With so much discomfort you MUST walk all the time to lower the risk of blood clots and make it easier to breath, reducing the risk of fever and pneumonias.

In my opinion, you should do the Brazilian Butt Lift first and recover from it before having a Tummy Tuck. This would not only be more comfortable and safer but it would be WAY cheaper than having to pay out of pocket to treat your blood clot, wound separation or pneumonia. Most importantly, it may save your life.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Medial bed is not necessary after a tummy tuck

+1

Most patients will recover nicely at home without the assistance of a medical bed after a tummy tuck and fat transfer to the buttock. It's important to be positioned on your side for the first few weeks after surgery to ensure the highest survival of the fat cells from the fat transfer. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best course of recovery-you may want to consider staying in an aftercare facility for a day or two after surgery for observation.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Tummy, Butt and Recovery

+1

I agree that the issue is not the bed, Most normal beds will suffice. Your surgeon will be managing your post op pain, The harvesting of fat could be an issue, If it is all taken from the tummy tuck area in your lower abdomen that would be the best. You will be asked to get up and walk, and while you are in bed you will be flexing your hips, bending knees, etc.  A mommy make over is usually something like a tummy tuck, combined with a breast procedure. The butt lift usually is not considered as part of this make over, but an add on..Best of luck

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

+1

Only if your chosen surgeon believes you may need this rental. I do not advise my patients to do this but best to discuss with your surgeon.