Removing Silicon Implant After Rhinoplasty Revision?

I had a nose job ( L shape silicon) in 2010.I went to Korea to have the silicon removed. The doctor convinced he would use I-shape silicon+ear cartilage. It has been 4 months. My nose looks better but I don’t think I want to live with it for the rest of my life. I want to get the silicon removed again. Will my nose go back to the original shape? My case is different bc I had my nose done twice. I’m young (<25) but I’m afraid my nose will shrink to a new shape & it will cause my nose turn upward.

Removal of Nasal Silicone

+1

It is unlikely that your nose will return to it's original shape after removal of the silicone. I suggest that you consider using your own cartilage for augmentation, a technique I have used for over 30 years to avoid the problems you have experienced.

+1

No, your old nose is gone and won't be coming back.  That is the reality here.  The previous Rhinoplasty Surgeries removed cartilage and bone from the dorsum in order to accommodate the silastic dorsal implants.  This changed, forever, the shape of your nose and even though the bridge can be built up again...the exact old nasal shape would not be achieved.  In these cases, IMHO, it's best to remain focused on the goal of Rhinoplasty which should always be to make the nose more naturally attractive.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Removing silcone implants used in rhinoplasty

+1

Silicone nasal implants can be very well tolerated but when they are not they need to be removed.  It is likely that there will be contour deformity so replacement is indicated.  The best replacement material would be your own cartilage.

Replace silicone with rib

+1

The best and safest long-term surgical option is to replace the silicone implant with your own rib cartilage

Silicone nasal implant removal

+1
We cannot know if removal of the silicone implant will give you your 'old' nose back, though it is possible that the bridge will drop down and with some adjustment you can be closer to the true you. Much depends on the scar and what else might have been used to shape the bridge.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Removal of silicone implant will produce your original nose.

+1

Removal of silicone implant will produce your original nose. You may get some slight improvement from scar tissue giving a very slight raise of your bridge.

Removing a Silicone Implant

+1

Hi,

If you have your implant removed, the bridge of your nose will drop. It may look flatter and wider. If the implant bothers you for some reason, then you should think about having it revised not taken out.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

With revision rhinoplasty to remove the silicone implant, you will likely lose some height.

+1

With your history of 2 prior surgeries, you do have a certain degree of scar tissue inside your nose.  The silicone implants do form a "capsule" over time, which may give you a small amount of height vs. your pre-surgery nose, but it will definitely be lower than it was with the implant in place.  You do still have excellent options without the use of an implant.  Using tissue from your own body, such as cartilage from your ear or rib, a revision rhinoplasty could be performed to give you the nose you want, but without the synthetic implant.   

Implant Removal and Return of Nasal Shape

+1

The question is not whether you will get your old nose back exactly but how close you will come to its original shape. A lot of that depends on how big the silicone implant is and how thin the skin has become. But if the implant was only on the dorsum of the nose, its removal will bring the bridge height back down to its original level. The thinning of the nasal skin may give it a slightly different appearance however.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyrhinoplasty.com