Removing old scars from lips (photo)

I had two warts removed on my upper lip when I was 11. I am now 27 years old and I have lived with these two raised, slightly discoloured bumps on my lips. I am extremely self conscious about them and would like to know if there is anything I can do to reduce (or completely remove) the appearance of the bumps.

Lip scars and treatment

+1
Surgical excision of the remaining scars may improve your lip scars. The lesions must also be sent for pathologic specimen to determine whether there are any residual warts.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Removing old scars from lips

+1
Either injection of a steroid or excision of the two areas are your choices. Best to seek IN PERSON opinions.