Removing Saline Implants 770cc Subglandular. What Will They Look Like Without a Lift? (photo)

My breasts have dropped, rippling and bounce so much...I can't run comfortably, nor find a bra that fits comfortably. My lower back hurts all time and my bra straps dig into my shoulders. I am 5'4" & 115lb, they are way too big for my frame. I'm very adamant about Not having smaller implants reinserted. I don't care if they are a little saggy. Can't I just have them removed? What will they look like without lift? Also, what happens to the pocket where the implants were inserted? Thank you.

Removal breast Implant

+2

The present  implants are way too large and seems uneven. Removing the implants should also remove the capsule. This will allow the breast tissue to relax, and the cavity to heal. Ther will be some skin retraction , you can reevaluate at 6 months and decide if you want a breast lift.

Remove implants without lift

+1

As a female plastic surgeon I am disturbed to see that someone put in such enormous implants. I don't blame you for wanting them out. Since you are young and you have not had them in for a very long time, there is a chance that your skin may "bounce back" quite a bit. Even though it is not possible to know for sure, I would consider not doing a lift right away. Even if the skin does not tighten up completely, you will probably be able to have a less aggressive revision if you let them settle for a year or so. That's what I would do if I were in your situation.

Diana Elias MD

Diana L. Elias, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Explant

+1

These are large implants for your frame. You will have ptosis after they are removed. One option is  to decide in the future if you want them replaced.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

+1

I would remove the saline from your implants before surgery to assess the tissues

It may be possible to do a circumareolar lift  without a vertical scar if sufficient contraction occurs 

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Oversized Breast Implants: What To Do If You Wish to Make a Change

+1

Women who have lived with oversized breast implants usually get to a point where a change is desired.  Oversized implants can become uncomfortable and may thin the skin and drop over time.  Removing large implants, especially when they are over the muscle, is associated with very loose and misshapen breasts if smaller implants are not placed or a lift is not performed.   This is due to the fact that the breast skin has stretched to accomodate the larger implant.  When the implant is removed, the stretched-out skin remains and the breast shape is poor.   A lift when done in conjunction with a smaller implant is a great way to preserve an attractive look.   Moving the new implant beneath the muscle and lifting appropriately will give the best result in the majority of cases.  Best wishes!

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Removing Breast Implants Concerns…

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your photographs, I think it is unlikely that you will be pleased with the results of the surgery if you undergo removal of breast implants only. You may be better off by undergoing breast lifting and/or downsizing of breast implants as well.  If you choose to have smaller breast implants at some point,  consider the sub muscular (dual plane) positioning.

I would suggest that you give these decisions a lot of thought.  In person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be helpful.

Implants 770cc . What Will They Look Like Without a Lift?

+1

I can see why you feel these are too large. 

Removing them without a lift will probably leave a very unsatisfying appearance. They will be more than "a little saggy" in all likelihood. 

If you are willing to consider a lift, you might on the morning of surgery ask your surgeon to deflate one implants in the pre-op area so that you can get hint of what it would look like. 

At any rate, if you choose removal alone, you can certainly get a lift at some point in the future. 

Removing breast implants

+1

Yes, you can have your breast implants removed.

• After removal, your breasts are likely to be quite flat with loose skin.
  • Your body seals the pocket after they are removed.
  • Ideally, have the implants removed and a lift done at that time.
  • It is fine to just have them removed, live with the result and decide what to do later on.

Best wishes!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Removing large implants

+1

If you do not have alot of breast tissue, removing the implants will leave thin floppy pancakes.  you may not have enough tissue to lift. Some would remove the implants and wait several months before lifitng, or put a smaller implant in and lift them. Tough decision.  Good luck.