What is the reccommeded procedure to remove my raised mole? (photo)

I have been considering removing my mole for awhile now. I am 16 and have put a lot of thought into it, i have a couple of questions though. What exactly would the procedure be to remove my mole? Will i have a noticeable scar?

Best procedure to remove a mole on the nose

+1
For moles like yours on the nose, a shave excision is typically the easiest, most cost effective, and least likely to scar method of removal. With this method the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. From the appearance of your mole on the photograph it appears that a shave removal would be the best way to go. Dermatologic surgeons typically do shave excisions expertly.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Large dark bumpy moles often need to be excised.

+1
Removing the large dark mole would probably best be accomplished by excision and a modified "v to y" advancement flap coming from the alar groove medially upward followed by a superficial dermabrasion should give very satisfactory results. Cost is est. at $750 under local and is easy to undergo. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment options for raised mole on nose

+1
Since the mole on your nose is raised, it could be shaved off.  This should make the area flat but it is possible that some of the pigment could still remain.  If there is still some pigment below, the area would have to be excised to remove it completely.  Shaving the mole should not leave a noticeable scar.  If it was excised, there would be a scar but that should be less noticeable than the mole.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon