Will removing a nose hump make my nose longer?

hello , I have a nose hump and a large nose tip. I am worried that my nose will look even longer when i remove the hump.

Nose Hump Removal Will Not Make A Nose Longer

+1

Removal of a nasal hump will definitely not make a nose longer, although proportionally, when a nose is made less tall than it was before, it may appear somewhat longer. In reality, it is not. Generally, a properly proportioned nose after hump removal will not look longer than prior to surgery. Typically the reasons for appearing longer sometimes is the excessive removal of a hump which may result in a shallow nose which will tend to look longer. An experienced surgeon will prevent that difficulty.

Bloomington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for hump removal and long nose

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure does involve a hump removal when necessary. Once the hump has been removed, osteotomies will also be required. The long nose is also addressed by shaving the dorsal tip projection to give better nasal and facial balance. Adjusting the whole nose after the hump removal will not make the nose look too long. For many examples of noses similar to your own, please see our rhinoplasty photo gallery link below

Will removing a hump make nose look longer?

+1

If a nose is long to begin with, then yes, removing the hump alone can draw more attention to the length. This is an example of why the nose must be addressed as a whole when planning a rhinoplasty. A good surgeon will explain to you that in addition to removing the hump, the nose may need to be narrowed, the tip rotated, etc, etc. Consult with an experienced board certified facial plastic surgeon. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing the Nasal Dorsal Hump Will Not Make the Nose Appear Longer

+1

Hi Rh,

Removing the dorsal hump of you nose should not make your nose appear longer. A rhinoplasty involves treating not only the hump but the entire nose. Make sure to seek out an experienced expert rhinoplasty surgeon. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Removing nasal hump does not make the nose longer.

+1

Removing the nasal honk does not make the nose longer. The nose will look much more aesthetically pleasant and will make your eyes look more attractive as well. Patients with nasal hump removval always have more attractive eyes.

+1

The lone picture is a bit difficult to evaluate. A dorsal hump can be removed, and the length of the nose can be shortened if that is an additional issue that concerns you.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA