Removing Large Breast Implants

I hate my implants, they are too large and were at time..but I was in a different frame of mind 5 years ago, I was a 34 c and wanted a lift and a full or small d, I got an real full d... and have had trouble with encapilated left implant...dr wants to replace implant for 3000.00/// Can it be done to completely just remove implants....they are under muscle...ungly look like big droopy boobs...please advise

Implant removal versus exchange

+2

Yes you can definitely get the implants removed and the capsules treated without having new implants placed. If you have drooping already, then removing the implants alone may not give you a shape you like. The skin envelope will shrink to some degree, but whether or not you need a lift will depend on how you look now and how much is expected to change after implant removal (hard to say without an exam). If you have severe capsular contracture or implant rupture, it's possible your insurance may cover removal of implants and/or capsules (but not replacment of new implants or a lift). I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon for a full evaluation. Good luck!

Removing breast implants without replacing them

+2

Yes, you can have your breast imlants removed completely without having any other implants re-inserted.  If you were a C cup before surgery, you should have enough tissue such that you could avoid needing to do a breast lift surgery at a later date.  The approach would be to remove the implants, then wait about 6 months to allow the skin to shrink and contract. Then, if needed, you could have some of the excess skin addressed with a breast lift.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Breast

+2

Revisionary surgery after breast augmentation is very indiviualized, sometime  very tricky, and needs the experience of a surgeon schooled in the nuances of the surgery.  If you're uncomfortable with your surgeon for whatever reason, I'd suggest seeking another opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon near you.

Robert Sigal, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Occasionally, I see patients who just want the implants removed because they don't want the implants "to be a part of them" anymore.  Make sure you think about this and that this is the right thing for you.  It's difficult to say if you need a lift after removal -- no one will know exactly what your breasts will look like after the implants are removed until it is done.  Talk to a well-trained and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and get good advice.

Removal of large implants

+1

It is relatively easy to remove implants or change them for smaller implants. If you go for much smaller implants or no implants at all, the breasts may droop afterwards. If you would like further input, photographs and further details e.g. implant size etc. will be helpful.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal

+1

It is straightforward to remove the implants and it is your choice what to do then.  You can go with no implants or replace them with smaller ones.  You can also have a lift if you need one regardless of whether you replace the implants or not.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Implant removal

+1

YOu certainly may have the implants removed, but you may not like the final shapel. Without an exam it is very difficult to say what could be done for you.