Removing Implants Too Soon?

I have capsular contrapture in the rt breast after a mo post revision sx. I went from 225cc to 150cc. I only had the 225cc for a year...were too big. The rt breast is painful and has effected my ROM for the rt arm. The incision was underarm.When I get the implant removed will my breasts resume to their same shape and size? I am 46 but have always been in good shape. I started with a 34A. Can I get the implant removal right away or do I need to wait? This whole experience has been a nightmare

Timing for Removing Implants

+1

Provided that you have had sufficient time to ensure that implant removal is in your best interests, there is no need to wait longer.

No need to wait.

+1

If you are determined to remove your implants then there is really no need to wait. Although it is not exactly predictable what your breasts will look like post implant in my experience they often times return close to if not exactly like the original. Since your implants are of a conservative size I would guess that your normal breast shape will return after they are removed.

David A. Ross, MD

Removing of breast implants

+1

You raise good questions. first question about breast shape after explantation; that is difficult to answer with out seeing photos and more important examining you. It depends on several factors; size of the breast before surgery, amount of breast tissue and elasticity of the skin. Second question; yes you can have the implants removed now, but waiting is advisable since you are only one month out from revision surgery. I wish you all the best.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast Implant Removal and Appearance of Breasts?

+1

Yes, it is possible to have the breast implants removed at this point.  Generally, however I suggest the patients wait  and additional few months before making drastic decisions;  is possible that the symptoms you're experiencing will resolve over the course of time.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed. 

Breasts after implant removal

+1

It is hard to predict what the breasts will look like after implant removal. It often depends  upon what you are starting with, how large of an implant you had, and the quality of the skin.

Removal

+1

Having your implants removed after 1 month is not unreasonable. Your surgeon might want you to wait to see if you change your mind of too see if things get better, its up to you. Since you haven't had the implants for a long time and you went with a modest size, you can expect them to go back to normal. I will have to say nothing is guaranteed. Wish you the best.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS