Is it possible to remove saline under local anesthetic through my original axillary incision?

My saline implants have been in place since 2000. My thought is to have them removed, then do a wait and see approach. Is it possible to remove saline under local anesthetic through my original axillary incision? My breasts are soft and I don't have any noticeable capsular contraction. What would be the cost for this procedure?

Removing saline implants

+1

can be done easily in the office under local.  Usually your old incision will work well for most situations.  The alternative to removal is to simply have them deflated and leave your empty shells in until they become an issue (and they may never become an issue).  As for costs, if done in the office under local, my fee is $500 all inclusive and it is at the low end of fees.

+1

Yes, for some patients it is possible to have breast implants removed to their previous incisions, regardless of the location of the incisions. This approaches best use for patients who have smooth, saline  breast implants without thickening of the breast implant capsules. Of course, factors such as patient “personality” will come into play…

Best to have your situation evaluated by well experienced or certified plastic surgeons. Costs, will vary from one office to another and from one geographic location to another as well.

This site, and some surgeons' websites will also provide you with some  cost estimations.