Removing Implant 2 Months Post Rhinoplasty?

Hi doc, Its 2 months past 2 weeks after rhinoplasty and i really still do not like the shape. The doctor reassured me that this is swelling and i trust him. However what i wish is just to remove it regardless if its going to be a perfect nose. I just really want my old nose back, its affecting my health. He would only remove it after 6 m. This is affecting me greatly i am sick and everyday is a struggle, should i just go to other dr to remove it without knowing what was done? Is it a big risk?

Removal of Nasal Implant

+1

You can have your implant removed if this would help your peace of mind.  It would be an unlikely cause of your feelings of sickness, but removing the implant is a straightforward procedure.

Nasal Implant

+1

It is still too early to determine the final shape of your nose.  Best to wait close to a year before making the final decision  

Removal of implant post rhinoplasty

+1

It is too early to see the results of rhinoplasty 2 months post operatively.  It is very unlikely that the implant is the cause of your feeling ill.  However, it is your choice to remove the implant or to be patient and allow healing to occur and swelling to subside.  You should realize that removal of a nasal implant does not get your "old" nose back.

Jonathan Sykes, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing nasal implant

+1

Of course, it is your choice to have it removed, but I would wait until the swelling subsides so that you can see the final result.

Removing implant 2 months after rhinoplasty

+1

2 months is still soon after your surgery, and you will still have swelling at this time. In general, it can take 18-24 months before the final result of surgery is evident. 70% of the swelling is gone after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. I would recommend giving it some time, and seeing how you can continue to heal. It is important to be patient during the healing process, as it can take a while. Your surgeon knows the extent of your procedure, and will be able to provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

2 months post-op

+1

2 months post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Sam Naficy, MD