Will Removing a Hump from a Long Nose Make It Look Even Longer? (photo)

I was just wondering if i remove the hump from my long nose will it look even longer?

Hump Removal and Nasal Appearance

+1

Removing the hump on a nose does not usually make it look longer, although it will not usually make it look shorter either. Computer imaging will help you see how various changes on the nose effect its appearance.

Removing a hump does not make a nose look longer.

+1

Removing a hump does not make a nose look longer. Having said that  I would need to see photos to see what if anything would be needed to balance tyhe nose after hump removal.

Will Removing a Hump from a Long Nose Make It Look Even Longer?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, from the photo provided, this appears to be what is called a "tension nose" where the lower cartilages are actually pushing down the nasasl tip.  Once a Closed Rhinoplasty is performed and the hump (bone and cartilage is removed) the tip appears to be rotated upward and nose less elongated.  If this conservative approach, to nasal rotation, is what you seek...this could very well be the answer.  Hope this helps.

Will Removal of Hump Make the Nose Look Longer?

+1

Removal of a hump will not make the nose look longer. In fact it will have just the opposite effect. You need a consultation to discuss what can be done to achieve your goals.

Hump removal and nasal length

+1

Taking down a nasal hump tends to make the nose look less long if anything. Nasal length can be adjusted during rhinoplasty in addition to hump removal, however.

Check out my web reference below to learn more about nasal hump removal and see before and after photographic examples.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD