How to go about removing a human bite scar that healed and ended up with a bump? (photo)

I got assaulted by someone and they bit me. Took a chunk out of my skin. Its healed now but has this really ugly bump on the skin right above my armpit. This happened a couple months ago. It sometimes itches, especially when it's cold. Im wondering how to remove it if I have to have surgery or freeze it off. . Or something.

Scar revision after bite

+1
Dear robynr,

• That sounds rough, glad you're ok!
  • It looks pretty small, and you can probably just cut it out and sew it back together nicely
  • Ideally, you want to wait 6 months, but sometimes, you can inject it with some steroids to reduce the swelling and itching until it has matured a little more

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani