Removing Grafted Cartilage from the Tip of my Nose.

I had an open rhinoplasty 12 days ago removing a bump, narrowing tip of nose. Tip of my nose was turn upward by grafting cartilage and because of it my nose from the side looks long and upward. Would it be possible to remove the cartilage. is this going to be an easy fix? I don't have any visible swollen on my nose or face. is it too early to judge? Would the tip go down and make my nose look shorter with time? Please advice.

Much too early to be concerned about rhinoplasty result

+1

Swelling after open rhinoplasty will take up to 12 months to fully resolve.  Most of the swelling will go down in the first 4 to 6 weeks but until this time it is impossible to evaluate how the nose, particularly the tip, will look in final result.  Be patient, this will most likely resolve.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing Nasal Tip Grafts

+1

You are swollen 12 days after rhinoplasty - it is impossible to critique your result. Share your concerns with your surgeon, but wait 6-12 months before considering a revision.

Tip bump after rhinoplasty

+1

You are only 12 days out from your surgery, so I would not recommend making any decisions about revision at this point.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon, but more likely than not, time will resolve your concerns as the swelling goes down.

Kristin Egan, MD
Manhattan Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Worried to soon after an Open Rhinoplasty

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty both opena nd closed for over 20 years and IMHO, you are way to early post op at 12 days to make any real assessment of the Rhinoplasty result.  Wait a few months and see how things look then.

FYI, to remove the tip cartilage graft, you'd have to have an open tip plasty and this would need to wait for 6 months after this Rhinoplasty to ensure proper healing of the nasal skin over the tip.

Rhinoplasty results 12 days after surgery

+1

Your rhinoplasty result will take a few months to manifest. Be patient, but discuss your concerns with your surgeon. He/she will be able to put your concerns to rest.

Maurice M. Khosh, MD

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year.

+1

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year. This is because of the swelling associated with the surgery. Be patient and it will go down.