How to Remove Curling Iron Burn Scar on Forehead?

About 7 months ago, I had burned myself with a curling iron in the middle of my forehead. i hate the scar so much, i would like to get it removed. Are there any creams or laser removal to get it off? Just something - I'm willing to try anything because tired of trying to cover it up. thank you

Melaquin PM for forehead scars caused by curling iron

+1

A great option for this type of hyperpigmented scar is to use a non prescription cream like Melaquin PM, combined with exfoliation.

Treat scar discoloration with topical bleaching cream

+1

This is more of a discoloration of the scar or HYPERPIGMENTATION.

Use of topical bleaching creams like Tri Luma are worth you time for up to 6 months.

If after that time you have no improvement than consult a plastic surgeon for a more penetrating treatment. Also avoid the sun at all times using sun screens. From MIAMI

Try Tri-Luma

+1

I would try Tri-Luma. Any one of its three ingredients might help. Tri-Luma consists of tretinoin ( Retin A), a mild steroid, and hydroquinone. There is probably pigment deposition in your scar, judging from your photograph. If the pigment is not too deep, the Tri-Luma should help.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Curling iron burn of forehead

+1

IT is difficult to determine if this is hyperpigmentation or redness. Generally your best bet is most likely to allow time for scar maturation. Scar fading creams will likely be of little benefit.