Removing Bruise After Chin Implant and Neck Lipo?

I had a Chin implant placed and Neck Liposuction. Its been five days since my surgery, I'm taking Meloxicam to reduce swelling.

The only problem I'm having is a huge bruise on the left side of my neck. Its bothering me a lot, it looks serious, my doctor saw me yesterday and told me it's a clot but it feels hard so he couldn't drain it or it will only hurt me.

It doesn't seem to get any better. Please tell me what can I apply or take to remove it? Thanks.

Bruising and clots after surgery

+1

Bruising and lumps / bumps in the form of small, solidified clots under the skin are normal post-operative occurrences after neck liposuction surgery.  Assuming that your condition does not represent a hematoma (collection of blood that could be aspirated / suctioned out), the bruising and swelling should eventually resolve.  Arnica tablets / gels and bromelain (pineapple enzymes) are commonly used by patients to expedite the process.  Additionally, clots can be softened and dissolved more quickly with the injection of a small amount of Kenelog-10 (steroid -- injected by your surgeon) and circular massage (with your fingers) to the area 3-4 times per day for 15 minutes each time.  In our practice, we use the Accent laser device at 2-4 weeks postoperatively to expeditiously reduce any swelling, small clots, and any other contour irregularities that can be a part of the post-operative course. 

Treatment of bruises on the neck after neck surgery

+1

Bruising is not uncommon with surgery in the subcutaneous plane.  I would recommend that you use an Arnica based product such as Bruise Pak oral dose tablets or Bruise Stick ointment. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Bruise vs. Hematoma after neck surgery

+1

Dear Guy from Puebla,

From your picture, I can't tell if the region just looks stained purple, or if there is visible localized swelling in the same region. If the contour is the same as the other side, and it just looks purple, we term this echymosis. Although it looks bad, it will go away on its own in 10 to 14 days. If there is localized swelling, then there is a small hematoma (blood clot) under the skin. These tend to liquefy about 10 days after surgery, and can be aspirated through a small needle. Follow up with your surgeon, as they have experience dealing with these issues and will help you get the best result.

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS

Bruising after cosmetic surgery

+1

Bruising is very common, and there are several things that you could try. Arnica tablets and topicla gels can help to relieve some of the bruising. Also, try massaging the area with Mederma or gentle lotion. This may increase the blood flow to and from the area. Finally, cover-up make-up is fantastic these days and can hide almost everything without being too noticeable.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS