Removing Breast Implants Without Replacement, Will It Be Enough to Correct Symmastia?

i have 200cc under muscle, 3 years ago. bottoming out and symmastia. I wish to have the implants removed and not replaced for personal reasons. I know they might look saggy but i will take the chance. I wonder, will removing my implants without replacing alone correct my problems or do i need to have internal stiches? will i need to remove the capsules fully? one surgeon has suggested to leave them alone since they are not causing problems. thanks

Symastia and implant removal

+1

Thank you for your question. In general removing the implants without doing anything will not correct the symmastia or the bottoming out. But they not be as visible as when the implant is there. It may be better for you to perform corrective surgery while you are in surgery to correct the capsule and the pocket. 

Removing Breasts Implants with Implant Malposition Problems Present?

+1

Thank you for the question. As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination. Some generalizations however may be helpful to you. For patients in your situation, who present with significant breast implant malposition issues ( and wish to have their breast implants removed),  they may be better off with additional capsule work ( for example capsulorraphy)  to  help reconstruct the natural breast folds. Keep in mind, that it even with this type of reconstruction, some degree of skin  ‚Äútenting"  will likely still persist despite best efforts. This elevation of the skin (for example over the external area)  results from long-term elevation of the skin secondary to the breast implant displacement/malposition issues.

I would suggest in person consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm

Symmastia

+1

Always remove implants and capsule, reattach the muscle to the chest wall. Then the symmastia will be corrected and the bottoming out.

As for the shape of the breast, you will have to waiot and see.