Can Removing Make Up in a Sometimes Aggressive Rubbing Motion with a Make Up Wipe While on Retin-a Cause Scarring?

Hello, I have been using retin-a for about 3 and a half months. I was wondering if I should be removing my make up and flakiness from retin-a with a make up wipe in what can sometimes be an aggressive motion. Can this reveal scars? I have noticed tiny stretched pores and I am wondering is it because of this. Thank you.

Retin-A and Scarring

+1

Retin-A is a cream or gel that is very effective at treating acne and tightening skin. The active ingredient, Tretenoin, is the acid form of Vitamin A. It causes the skin to regenerate more quickly and induces new collage formation, which tightens the skin and gives it a more youthful color and appearance. I do not recommend using Retin A on dry or flaky skin, because this can result in skin irritation. It is also not advisable to use Retin A on sunburned skin. Removing makeup before applying this product is a good idea. However, it is a prudent idea to treat your skin gently to avoid damage to the skin prior to application of Retin A. Scarring is possible but unlikely if used properly.

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon