Removing 30 Year Old Implants. Approximate Costs For This?

I had saline breast implants put in, under the muscle, in 1983. Now that I am pushing 60 and my skin has lost elasticity, they feel very hard and I want them out. I will need some skin removed (can they move the nipple?) since I have very little breast tissue myself. I don't care how flat I end up being, or how bad the scars are. I just want these out. Can you give me even a ballpark of how much this procedure might be and what the down time (away from a desk job) would be? Thank you.

Depends

+1

It depends where you are located. In Manhattan, it could be 10k or more. In Miami,  you are likely looking at 3k. Same surgery, lower rent.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Cost of breast implant removal

+1

Wow, 30 years.  That's a good ride for one pair of implants!

Cost of removal is highly variable ($3000 - $8000+) and depends on how complicated the surgery is and how long it takes.  When I see ladies your age, I often recommend doing a breast lift after removal so the breasts have a pleasing shape after removal.  Most of my patients are pleasantly surprised at the amount of breast tissue they have after removal.  Most ladies put on weight in their chest in middle age and end up being plenty chesty without their implants. 

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com/procedures/breast-procedures/breast-implant-removal/

Implant removal

+1

The cost can vary significantly depending on what other work needs to be done.  The cost of simple removal may only be a few thousand, but will be much greater is you need either a lift or removal of the old capsule.  The old capsule doesn't have to be removed in most cases, but if the implants are broken and you have thick calcified capsule (which sounds like a possibility in your case), then it will increase the cost.

Removal of Breast Implants and the Cost

+1

The cost of removing your breast implants will vary depending on the surgeon you choose.  Each office has their own policy and the cost will depend on where the surgery is performed, the experience of the surgeon, if performed under local anesthesia vs. general anesthesia,etc.

Also, you may need a breast lift depending on your physical examination and that will add to the price of surgery.

Best to be seen by a well experienced plastic surgeon to get the best advice.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Removing 30 Year Old Implants.

+1

The cost for this is so variable it isn't possible to quote a ballpark figure without an examination...there are just too many variables in what will need to be done to optimize your results. Find an experienced surgeon you feel comfortable with, get a thorough exam, and then his office will be able to quote their fees.

Treatment plan

+1

You will likely need a removal of your old implants and removal of all the scar tissue around your implants (called a total capsulectomy).  In addition, if you have loose skin and sagging, you will likely need some form of a breast lift.  The cost of your surgery will depend on your presenting anatomy, the length of your surgical procedure and of course, OR and anesthesia costs.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr Basu

Implant removal

+1

The cost of implant removal alone will vary around the country. New York City is a bit pricier than some of the other quotes.

Costs for Removing 30 year old implants

+1

Surgical fees vary dramatically across the country and even among surgeons in the same city. For us, removing implants will be about $2500 + MD Anesthesia related expenses. If the implants are not intact, then the process to remove is more complex and time consuming.

Cost for removal of implants

+1

The quick answer is probably in the ballpark of $4000 total for just removal. But it is impossible to tell if this is the right thing for you without an examination. If you need a lift it would be additional work and cost. The recovery for just removal is probably around 3-4 days before you could return to a desk job.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/