Removed Splint Too Early And Can't Get It Back On. Have I Damaged Results?

Not wanting anything drastic so e doc suggested 2 stitches into e nose cartilage w ear cartilage to make just tip longer. Sharper. I was put on splint. E next day, I took it out to wash becos it was bloody. nose looks ok. After 30min I tried to put it bk but I can't anymore. nose has swelled quite Abit to put splint bk in place. So I went without e splint for 2days n can't get my doc over wkends. Not worried abt e swelling but afraid will spoil e shape n destroy my nose. Will it?

Nasal splints are not usually designed to back on once removed

+1

Thank you for the question.  Nasal splints are generally not designed to be put back on once removed.  I would go see your plastic surgeon.  He/she may choose to leave it off or tape your nose.  

Dr. Remus Repta

Removed Splint Too Early

+1

Be sure to avoid contact or pressure on your nose.  You can also tape your nose to create a soft splint.  Let your surgeon know ASAP.

Sam Naficy, MD

Nasal Splint Removed Too Early

+1

The purpose of a splint is to protect your nose and minimize swelling after the rhinoplasty. I would expect swelling to increase after the splint is removed but this will resolve, although it will take a little longer. Be very careful to avoid any pressure or trauma to your nose. I know you will contact your surgeon ASAP and you should do fine.