Removed Permanent Stitch After 2 Years. Months Later the Area is Still Opening, Why?

So I posted about this and was advised to remove the permanent stitch. It has been several months since it was removed and the spot has again opened up, why? The spot slowly raises and then a raised bump usually white due to puss or what ever substance is under the surface. Eventually the spot opens, drains and then heals back up for a couple months. Are my implants infected or will this eventually go away?

+1

This requires an actual physical exam to answer and to treat. Most likely, there is still some suture material that will need to be removed. Other possibilities include a sinus tract down to whether the suture was. Implant infection seems very unlikely. Do call and arrange to see your surgeon.All the best. 

Continued Wound Healing Problems after Breast Lift

+1

This one is difficult to sort out without a physical exam, which I would recommend.  Is there any residual suture material?

Persistent wounds after suture removal

+1

are not normal.  You should see your surgeon but I'm doubtful your implants are in jeopardy since its been some time since your procedure.  There are many possibilities causing your problem and you need to have it evaluated further.

Breast Opening 2 Years after Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced after breast surgery.

At this point,  you may be dealing with scar tissue, fistula, fat necrosis etc. Direct physical examination and possible “debridement” of the localized area may be necessary.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm

Drainage after removal of permanent suture

+1

It is always a good idea to culture fluid that drains if possible. You may need a revision of the scar area to remove the potential wall off capsule.  Without an exam I can not be sure.

+1

I agree with the previous post.  The area that is draining needs to be cultured to find out the organism, and you may also need to have the area excised (cut out).  Without a physical exam, it is impossible to advise you.  Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Open wound after Breast Augmentation / Breast Lift / Suture Removal

+1

Thank you or your question. Unfortunately, this type of question requires a physical examination of the area. You need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Ideally, this would be the surgeon who performed your original surgery. If not, get copies of you operaive report and records from your operative surgeon to bring to your consultation. The problem could be anything from a superficial track, additional sutures or a deep infection around your breast implant. 

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscobreast.com/sanfrancisco-breastaugmentationlift.html

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

See a plastic surgeon.

+1

You should seek the help of an appropriately trained professional. Do not do anything more to your incision specially if you suspect an implant problem or infection. Be safe rather than sorry. However, if you indeed are 2 years post-op an implant infection is less likely, but not impossible. You may still have suture material in your breast - and that may be infected. It's unclear from your description what is going on, but this requires evaluation by your PS. Best wishes!