Can Removed Nose Bump Be Put Back In?

Hello, I had a recent surgery for deviated septum(caused by a crooked nose) and rhinoplasty;wrongly i explained( on the operation table) that i want a bump on my nose removed . The result was an alteration to my face which i didn't want: my nose is thinner and my profile looks like a crushed boxer's nose. Can the bump and widening be done with fillers that calcify: bio-oss, radiesse?i do not want another surgery i really need a solution as i feel the person in the mirror isn't me, please help

Replacing a dorsum on the nose

+1

The dorsum of the nose can be built up with graft material.  Without an exam I can not suggest what to do.

Replacing a Dorsal Bump Following Reductive Rhinoplasty

+1

I would not recommend using Radiesse for the purpose of recreating a dorsal bump following removal during rhinoplasty. While there are permanent non-surgical options like Artefill and liquid silikon 1000 injection, in most cases these options will require multiple visits over months. And even then, the injectable filler route might not be able to achieve the ultimate result if considerable augmentation of the bridge is necessary. In a good number of these cases, formal revision rhinoplasty with grafting is required to help restore any resemblance of the original nose. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers can be used to raise the nose but be careful

+1

One of the more common uses for fillers in the nose is along the dorsum (top or long surface). However, you have to be careful. Permanent fillers are just that: permanent. If you dont like them they don't go away. Temporary fillers may last a year. Unfortunately if a large amount of filler is placed its hard to keep it in one place. You might consider seeing a revision rhinoplasty expert for an opinion before getting filler unless its from a nose expert.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Rhinoplasty bump

+1

Dear George B,

• Yes, there are permanent fillers such as Artefill and Silikon-1000 that can be used in the nose safely
  • It just depends on how much of a bridge you need
  • You should visit a physician who does non surgical rhinoplasties to help you out

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD