I Had 4.5 Litres of Fat Taken From my Thighs, How Long Will The Swelling and Lumps Last?

how long will it be before i see a improvement

How Long Will Swelling And Lumps Last After Liposuction

+2

One can expect to see swelling and lumps for several months after liposuction, especially large volume liposuction.  It is best to wear compression garments early on for a few weeks, and then begin massage to the area.  Much of the swelling goes down in the first month, then it slows down, but will continue to go down for a year to a year and a half after surgery.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after liposuction

+2

On average, it takes about 6-8 weeks for the swelling to subside after liposuction. Some patients continue to see improvement 6 months after liposuction so it's hard to say when it will all go away. After the second week, you should see improvements everyday. It is crucial to your recovery/results that you wear your compression garment. This will help the lumps go away and keep the swelling down. Keep in mind, the more active you become after surgery, the more you may swell at the end of the day.

Web reference: http://www.lookyounger.net

Liposuction Swelling and How long Will it Last?

+2

In most circumstances, liposuction swelling will last 6 weeks with some gradual improvement of the course of the next 3-6 months. This is a gradual process, but it is important to combine this with a healthy diet and exercise routine to ensure you progress to your ultimate result.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Swelling and lumps after liposuction

+2

In my 10+ years of doing liposuction on thighs, I have seen most of the swelling and lumpiness go away in 4-6 weeks. Of course, there are some gradual changes that will continue up to a year after treatment.

After a week for sure, you should be able to exercise, which seems to speed healing.

Congradulations, your new look will be here soon.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction Swelling

+1

Swelling resolves most rapidly over the first six weeks, and then completely over approximately six months. 

Web reference: http://www.drstoker.com/

Swelling after liposuction

+1

Most of the obvious, visible swelling will resolve 4-6 weeks after surgery. The skin shrinkage and contraction may take up to 6 months or longer. This means you may not see your "final" result for 6 months or longer.Be sure to wear your garment for the first 4-6 weeks; you can massage if instructed by your plastic surgeon.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Swelling after liposuction resolves with TIME. Be Patient.

+1

All resolves with time.   Full recovery takes one year.  You will start to see results in a week or so.  At 3 months you will be 50 % there.  At 6 months, 80% there.  And at 12 months you are there.    Remember:   FOR SUCCESS YOU MUST RELECT THE WEIGHT YOUR SURGEON REMOVED TO ATTAIN A GOOD RESULT.  FOR A GREAT RESULT AND MAXIMUM SMOTHNESS, I REQUIRE PATIENTS TO MATCH WHAT I REMOVE.    FEFLECT AND MATCH ARE THE MAGIC.  PEOPLE WHO GAIN WEIGHT GET AND STAY LUMPY UNTIL THEY LOSE TO THE REFLECT AND MATCH NUMBER.   4,5 LITERS IS 9 LBS.   FOR A GREAT RESULT YOU NEED TO REFLECT THE 9 LBS AND THEN MATCH WITH A 9 LB WEIGHT LOSS.   REFLECTING GIVES YOU A GOOD RESULT IN A YEAR.  AND THE MATCHING GIVES YOU A GREAT RESULT.  BEST,  DR G COMMONS

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Liposuction

+1

Liposuction  take  three to six months to see the full results.  At the end of one month generaslly only 40-50% of the contour improvement has occurred. It can be a test of your patience at this stage.  The compression garment helps with swelling and many patients find that the support is more comfortable for several months. The tissues may feel a little bit numb until the swelling resolves.  A massager can help desensitize the numbness and stimulate circulation during this phase.

+1

At least a week to 3 weeks is the norm. Some see improvement early on, like a few days after. If you are not sure see your surgeon again.