Should Removed Invisalign Attachments Leave Behind a Texture?

I had my 6 invisalign attachments (or buttons) removed a few days ago. 5 left behind a rough texture. 1 was not fully removed so I will need to ask about it at my next checkup. How long does it take for the rough texture to go away? I am assuming a couple cleanings and polishings by my dental hygienist will take care of it. Or maybe just several months of brushing. Also, for whitening, can I start now, or should I wait until the texture is smooth again? Thanks!

Invisalign Attachments

+1

It is normal for the surface to feel slightly different in the beginning but it should smooth out relatively soon. It will not affect the whitening so you can certainly start that anytime.

New York Orthodontist