How Do I Remove a Ciggarette Burn That Healed with a Bubble?

i got a stupid ciggarette burn in my teens and it has now been 3 years since and it is completely healed but it has a bubble like and is redish brownish color. i never mind it because people had said eating seafood makes it pop out. but could this be infected or something? and could i get it removed surgically? i feel like i been working out and its a piece of my arm now or it became some muscle

This looks like a keloid. Treatment is not a "slam-dunk!"

+1

This is absolutely typical for a burn scar keloid. Have you had any other cuts, incisions, or injuries elsewhere on your body? Have any of them healed like this with raised, reddened, firm scarring that is wider than the original cut or injury?

If you have the genetic tendency to form keloid scars, simply cutting this out is not necessarily the answer. A larger keloid could result! You need to see an ABPS-certified plastic surgeon and get advice on the best way of dealing with this. After an exam and interview, your surgeon can advise you on the best treatment plan and proceed if you wish. This may cost several hundred dollars, and may not be a one-time procedure.

Steroid injections may help, but with the size and raised nature of this keloid, you may still need other considerations.

Laser treatment is of little or no value here.

Go see a plastic surgeon, preferably one that offers no-charge consultations. Many do. Good luck!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Scar Treatment: Common Questions

+1
If the lesion is of concern it can be surgically removed. The tissue can be sent to pathology to make certain that the growth is benign. Meticulous closure is essential for the best cosmetic outcome - so please see an individual who specializes in such excisions and reconstructions.

Be healthy and be well,
James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS