What Can Be Done to Remove a Vertical Scar and Excess Fat Left over from a Full Tummy Tuck?

I had a full tummy tuck almost a year ago and still have excess fat and an unattractive vertical scar from the pubic line almost up the navel. I am wondering what can be done to reduce the fat deposits and scar. I'm considering lipo and perhaps a mini-tummy tuck. Thanks.

Additional contouring after Tummy Tuck

+1

Without a photo, it is hard to say what would work best in your situation. Mini tummy tucks remove only an inch or 2 of skin, so very minimal skin-tightening effect, with persistence of most of that vertical scar. If there is residual skin excess and looseness, sometimes a secondary full tummy tuck can be performed. Liposuction only removes fat. It works well to thin the residual abdominal fatty later after tummy tuck, but will not change the vertical scar. 

Eliminating the vertical scar from a tummy tuck

+1

Unless you have enough loose skin that you could do another entirely new tummy tuck, you will not be able to remove that vertical scar.  Liposuction also won't help you there.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Full tummy tuck: second time around to remove vertical scar

+1

A mini tummy tuck will not likley remove the scar. In reality, it will likely require another full tummy tuck in order to eliminate the vertical scar if you have sufficiently lax skin.