How to Remove Unwanted Hair on Forehead w/o Harming Hairline Area?

My goal is to remove unwanted hair near the hairline area without harming the hairline. My plan would be use a wet (wooden) tongue depressor to shield the hairline area so that it is not harmed by the laser when removing the unwanted hairs. Are there better options or would this work to shield the hairline in order to avoid collateral damage from the laser?

Laser hair removal

+1
Laser hair removal with the handpiece of the lightsheer makes direct contact with the targeted areas and doesn't affect the surrounding skin. If a different laser is used, the moistened tongue depressor is a good idea.

How to protect the hairline during laser hair removal

+1

Actually your plan is pretty sound.  The tongue depressor would protect the hair line. 

Also, laser light is focused, so it can be directed where it needs to be and avoid the areas that are not to be treated.  The tongue depressor can be used for extra protection.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon