How to Remove the Stitch Marks?

sir,i have the stiches marks approx 12 inches long on my left arm.i feel very dishearted please help me.

Stitch marks

+1

"Nature is good..."

Scars go through phases of healing (maturation) which takes up to 8-12 months. A scar which may be very unsightly at the beginning may appear barely noticeable after some time.

We recommend therefore to wait for full scar maturation(twelve months) before considering scar revision. In the meantime sun protection (sun makes the scars "darker" and more noticeable) is important.

There are many ways to revise a scar and that can include Laser treatment. A well trained Plastic Surgeon can advise you to the best treatment options for you.

Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Stitch marks

+1

Scar revisions are very effective for this. A photograph will help for a better response. The passage of time and massage will make all scars better

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Scar treatment

+1

White stitch marks along a scar will not go away on their own.  Until recently there was little to offer, but the new fractionated resurfacing techniques can help to blend out such a scar with a series of treatments.   I personally use the Profractional FX platform on my Sciton laser, but have used Fraxel in the past which also works. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon