Removing Tattoo from the Lower Back?

I have an 6 letter name on my lower back that I would like to be removed or possibly lightened up to cover it. What is the best way to get this done? I was thinking about fading cream but I need other advice.

Laser removal of tattoos

+1

If the tattoo is a real tattoo, and not just your pigment darkening from scratching it, then fading cream will not work. Excisional surgery will leave a scar so it is not done. Lasers includling the Nd:yag, Alexandrite and Q-switched Ruby lasers can reduce black tattoos very well. Other colors such as yellow, red and blue may not respond as well. It does involve many treatments, around 10 or more, done once per month to six weeks, before a significant amount fades.