Remove Sutures from Suture Method Blepharoplasty?

I had the suture method of double eyelid surgery a month ago and i much prefer my double eyelids before i had surgery. However I had my surgery in south korea, i am now in chengdu, china and am not able to go back to my surgeon to have the sutures removed. i would like to know 1. is the surgery to remove the sutures simple enough for me to go to any plastic surgeon? 2. is it likely that there will be scarring after suture removal 3. will my eyes return to the how it was before surgery

Double Eyelid Surgery Suture Removal

+1

I would call several offices to determine if they would remove the sutures, as I do not know what their policies would be on removing sutures another surgeon had placed. 

Sutures after surgery

+1

The procedure itself is straight forward if performed by someone who does the surgery itself regularly. The most important thing, however, is that whoever does it has the operative details from the original surgeon, and that its done sooner rather than later.

Barbara Persons, MD, FACS
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Suture removal after double eylid surgery.

+1

The surgery to remove the double eyelid sutures is fairly stright forward. You really should to see a surgeon how perfoms this surgery themselves on a regular basis. Also it would be very helpfull to have details from the original surgeon ie. the operative report to know how many sutures where used and where they were placed. The sooner you have the sutures removed the more likely your eyes will return to their pre-sugery state.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon