Is It Possible to Remove a Suture Fixation from the Medial Crural Feet?

I had an open rhinoseptoplasthy 2 months ago, I noticed a change in the width of my nose and my columnella seems to be shorter, My PS told me that he placed a suture in the footplate to prevent a hanging columnella. When I smile my upper lip looks flat with more teeth exposure, and when not smiling mi nose looks narrower.Can this be reverted? my doctor says he can cut the suture in 1 month.Is this possible? How complicated will this procedure be? what changes will occur to my lip and nose?

Suture Fixation from the Medial Crural

+1

Yes and No.

You can remove it but at this stage the cartilage has already healed in that position, so even if you remove the suture the cartilage will not change position.

To change position, you may need a tip rhinoplasty revision.

Dr Siegel

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing Suture Fixation of the Nasal Tip

+1

It is easy to remove the suture. However carefully discuss the effect of that maneuver with your surgeon. Make sure he/she understands what you want to achieve.

Correcting Medial Crural Deformities

+1

Your PS is correct, the suture can easily be cut in on month to release the fixation.  Although, after reviewing you photos, I do not think that is all that will be needed to achieve your goals.  I suggest you get a second opinion from an expert in revision rhinoplasty, as these subtle changes which you are looking for will require expert experience..... Good Luck....Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cutting suture in medial crura.

+1

Yes, this can be done in a month, but I don't think you will have the nose that you want based on the photo. You should discuss this with your surgeon and then get a second opinion from an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Undoing suture fixation of the medial crural footplates with (nose job) rhinoplasty

+1

Some of the changes you describe are attributable to swelling at this point in time. The suture can be easily cut and may not even require an incision (needle release).

Nose issues

+1

I am not sure if removing a foot plate suture will achieve what you want. You are still a bit early post-op I would give it some more time to heal before considering adjustments.