Is It Possible to Remove Stitches Scar, 3 Years Ago the Surgery Was Done? (photo)

I had right femur head fracture 3 years ago and it was fixed by screws through surgery. It had left scars on my right thigh . Is it possible to remove the scar now ?

Scars can be improved but not removed

+1

With multiple laser treatments, you may see some improvement in the appearance of this scar, including decreased redness and improved texture. However, no laser treatments will completely remove the scar.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Scars can be improved

+1

Sorry to hear about your surgery. To answer your question, absolutely, scars can be improved by treatment with lasers. It is important to stress it is not possible to remove the scar but likely the appearance can be significantly improved. I would consult with a board certified dermatologist with expertise in lasers. These are the specialists that have pioneered lasers in medicine.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Scar

+1

I recommend that you see a plastic surgeon to see if a scar revision could be performed. This might improve the appearance of the scar.

Vicki J. Levine, MD