Do I Need to Remove my Silicone Implants En Bloc After 6 Months?

I only had my implants for 6 months but I want to remove them. Do I need to do it "en bloc"? Is there a capsule that needs to be removed after only 6 months?

Removal of silicone implants at 6 months takes about 10 minutes and the capsules will eventually disappear without removal.

+1

I'm not sure why you would want removal of implants at 6 months.  Why did you have them inserted in the first place?  However, removal is easy.  No need to remove the capsule (which adds operating time and is more traumatic).  When the implant is out, the body will break down the capsule.

Breast implant removal

+1

No. Although sometimes a complete capsule removal is indicated, ( very  thick, or calcified ) it is quite likley that you have no need for capsule removal. It would only make your surgery more involved.

Ernest D. Cronin, MD