What would it take to remove this scar?

Hi! I have this scar that formed as a result of a pimple that didn't heal properly. It's approx. 6 years old, located on my cleavage and is about 3 cm long and 1 cm wide. Hard to say whenther it is keloid or hypertrophic. It is red-ish of color. Please advise whether it could be removed and what are my options. I had steroids injected in it once and I think it got even little bigger after.

Treatment of keloid scars and hypertrophic scars on the chest

+1

Keloid and hypertrophic scars on the chest usually do not require surgery.  I would recommend a combination of IIT, laser therapy, and pressure treatment. 

Chest scars heal poorly regardless of the cause or the surgeon that repaired the wound

+1

Chest scars heal poorly regardless of the cause or the surgeon that repaired the wound. It is very hard to remove a chest scar and create a new scar that looks any better. It is better to not attempt to remove these scars surgically as the result tends to be the same or possibly even worse! I agree that steroids are a reasonable option and should not cause the scar tissue to enlarge. It might not help but should not worsen things.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

What would it take to remove this scar?

+1

Very hard area to treat with scar revision excision. You might be a "keloid" former. Try injections of steroid again for a series of 6 times every three weeks. Also low dose radiation may help.