What would it take to remove this scar?

Hi! I have this scar that formed as a result of a pimple that didn't heal properly. It's approx. 6 years old, located on my cleavage and is about 3 cm long and 1 cm wide. Hard to say whenther it is keloid or hypertrophic. It is red-ish of color. Please advise whether it could be removed and what are my options. I had steroids injected in it once and I think it got even little bigger after.

Treatment of keloid scars and hypertrophic scars on the chest

+1

Keloid and hypertrophic scars on the chest usually do not require surgery.  I would recommend a combination of IIT, laser therapy, and pressure treatment. 

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Chest scars heal poorly regardless of the cause or the surgeon that repaired the wound

+1

Chest scars heal poorly regardless of the cause or the surgeon that repaired the wound. It is very hard to remove a chest scar and create a new scar that looks any better. It is better to not attempt to remove these scars surgically as the result tends to be the same or possibly even worse! I agree that steroids are a reasonable option and should not cause the scar tissue to enlarge. It might not help but should not worsen things.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/scar-treatments/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

What would it take to remove this scar?

+1

Very hard area to treat with scar revision excision. You might be a "keloid" former. Try injections of steroid again for a series of 6 times every three weeks. Also low dose radiation may help.