How to Remove Scar Tissue from Blepharoplasty?

I had upper blepharoplasty 4yrs ago, I'm 41yr female; I have scar tissue that formed on my eyelids which I noticed is causing my lids to droop and/or change the shape of my almond eyes. My doctor recommended getting Active FX to remove the scar tissues lower/upper eyelids...

Scar tissue after blepharoplasty

+1

Scar tissue after blepharoplasty may need to be removed surgically or with a laser.  Maybe get a couple of different opinions if you don't trust the recommendation of your doctor.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

MicroAblative Laser for mild redundancy

+1

We are please with the result of Total FX (Deep + Active) for mild eyelid skin laxity.  If it is moderate excision may be a better option.

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper Blepharoplasty Scar Repair

+1

Hi,

Fractionated CO2 laser such as Active FX or Fraxel repair work well on improving the appearance of scars.  Active FX goes about 300 microns while Fraxel repair is used at about 750 microns deep for eyelid scars.  Depending on the scar, it can also be excised and revised.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Scar tissue from blepharoplasty

+1

Hard to say what you might need without examining you.  A standard upper lid bleph should not affect the shape of your eye.