What Can I Do to Remove Scar Tissue? (photo)

Hello, i had surgeries to remove a facial birthmark 3 years ago now ( surgical exisions). Since my last surgery, I still have 2 lumps of scar tissues that are fibrous and whity at the extremities of the scar. Ive done anything: creams, oils, massage, but nothing helped in removing these. To be honest, when i massage the tissues double in size and become red for a day or 2 ... I just dunno what to do.. Maybe I have stitches still stucked inside my skin ? Can you help me ? Thanks

Scar Revision

+2

From your description and your photo’s it appears that it is time for a scar revision. Consider a member of the ASPS/ ASAPS in your area for an evaluation. This surgery might be covered by your insurance carrier. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Columbia Plastic Surgeon