If I Remove Saline Implants, Will Breasts Go Back To The Same Size As They Were Before?

About four months I got a BA L525 R515 I have developed CC on my right breast. I wish to remove them, I know if I replace them I have the chance to develop CC again. So I remove them willy breast go back to the same size they we before BA

Size after implant removal

+1

Since you had your augmentation surgery so recently, you stand a good chance of returning to  your pre-augmentation size following implant removal. With a 500 cc plus implant, the skin envelope may have stretched out some, but it may contract back following removal.

Breast Implant removal - impact on size

+1

Actually it depends on a number of factors however since your implant size seems large, I would likely tell you no, if you had them in longer than a few months, they will not go back to the same size and you may need a breast lift in the future since your breast skin and tissue is stretched!  Sorry to hear you are going through this!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

After removal of breast implants most of the time the breasts look similar to the original.

+1

After healing breast volume should be similar after breast implant removal. After a number of years the skin envelope might stretch a bit making the breasts look droopy or ptotic. That might require some revisional surgery if it is aesthetically unacceptable.

Implant Removal, Capsular Contracture, Natrural Breast Enlargement

+1

Implant Removal, Capsular Contracture, Natrural Breast Enlargement -

1. Sometimes breast tissue is compressed and may or may not enlarge again.
  2. Your skin is probably stretched.
  3. Age, weight change, implant size are all variables.
  4. Natural Enlargement with fat grafting with or without a lift may be a good option.

Removing implants allows your breasts to shrink

+1

but will it be exactly as before implants were placed?  There are too many variable that can affect this but in my experience with intentional deflations of saline implants, most seem to return to what they started with and are 'age appropriate'.

Curtis Wong, MD

Maybe...

+1
Your question is a common concern for many patients who are considering having their implants removed without having them replaced. Whether your breast go back to how they appeared before surgery can depend on several factors such as age, skin elasticity, size of implants, and length of time that one has had implants in place. Removal of the capsule, as in your case, can also potentially cause some distortion of tissues after your breast heals following surgery. Thanks for your question. Hope you do well. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Breast Implant Removal

+1

It is likely that the size of your breasts will go back to nearly the same as before surgery.  However, they will likely be more droopy because of stretching of the tissues from having large implants in place.  All the Best.

Steven Svehlak, MD