Looking to Remove/replace and Lift. I Have No Clue What CC's - Will 25 Make a Difference?

looking to have a remove/replace and lift. However, I do not have my info. from last surgery and the dr. says it has been too long records have been destroyed. I was thinking that one side had more cc's than the other, will 20 - 30 cc's make a big difference? I don't know what to have ordered my surgery is in a week.HELP!!!

Breast Implant Sizing?

+1

20 to 30 mL volume should not make a significant difference. The key to success with this operation is clear communication with your plastic surgeon;  I prefer the use of "goal pictures”  as the most objective way to communicate with patients.

Breast implant volumes- will 25cc make a difference

+1

If you have breast size or volume asymmetry, 25 or 30cc will not make a very significant difference in the end.  Sometimes a surgeon will use different size implants to achieve better symmetry, but, don't be too worried about your final result if you have a small discrepancy in volume.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Dealing with asymmetric breasts

+1

23-30cc will probably not make much of a difference.  However, it's difficult to tell without actually seeing a picture.  I would recommend going with different size implants only for severe breast asymmetry.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

How big is 20-30 cc?

+1

By means of comparison, 30 cc is about 1 ounce, or the size of a shot glass.  It's not a lot of volume, especially when that is distributed over something the size of an average breast.

So, if you want to change your size in a way that you can easily see, you'll need much more of a volume change than 20-30 cc.  Most of my patients, when they do an implant exchange, go up from 75 to 150 cc.

However, if you just have a minor asymmetry issue, with one side that needs just a little more fullness, 20-30 might be enough to fix that.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Breast implant size. Does a 25cc difference matter?

+1

A 25 cc difference in breast implant size generally will not make a noticeable difference, particularly if they are larger implants.

Perhaps, the more important issue is what are your goals.  If you want larger breasts, then you will need larger implants.

Depending on whether your breasts are sagging and how much, your may also need a breast lift with or without breast implants to improve these problems.

You should seek consultation and discuss your concerns fully with your plastic surgeon

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Changing implants and a lift

+1

If the volume was only 20-30 cc's difference, this wil not make a big deal in surgery.  More information is needed to offer suggestions. What do you want out of surgery?  Larger fuller breasts? or just a lift and replacement?

25cc is not much in breast implants

+1

No, 25-30cc is not much when comparing breasts.  25cc is just 5 teaspoons and 30cc is just 6 teaspoons (or 2 tablespoons).  Your implants probably have their volume noted on them, or your doctor can measure them at the time of surgery when they are removed.  Relax, plastic surgeons are used to dealing with implant replacement and breast asymmetry.  Just discuss your concerns with your surgeon and let him help you.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Breast Implants - does 25-30 cc's make a difference

+1

HI Jamiej,

In a word - no!  Just to put it in perspective, 30 cc is one ounce and the average size of a shot glass in the United States is 45 cc, or about an ounce in a half.  If you put 30 cc of water (one ounce) in a cup and then imagine that that's the total difference spread out over your entire breast from one implant size to the next.  In other words, don't even worry about it.

You can get an idea of the implants sizes with that formula; 8 ounces is about 240 cc, 10 ounces is 300 cc etc.  There's a video on my site (bodysculpture.com) that explains this in more detail.

So as long as you're within the range of an implant size or two (not a bra cup size - that's more like 150-200 cc's, depending on your height, weight and chest frame) it is nothing something that, in all likelihood, either you - or your surgeon - would ever be able to distinguish.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Size does not matter!!!

+1

Show your surgeon a photo of what you are trying to achieve.  Every plastic surgeon carries a full consignment of implants and can adjust your size right there on the table during  your surgery.   Just give him an idea of what you and he are trying to achieve;

Gary H. Manchester, MD (retired)

Size up with breast implant replacement

+1

Generally the breast tissue is compressed over time, and worn implants are subject to capsule contracture which increases the implant projection. We recommend sizing up about 50 cc on each side when implants are replaced to have the same apparent size as before. Your surgeon should have all implants available so you shouldn't need to worry about 'ordering' a particular size ahead.

peterejohnsonmd