How to Remove a Red Scar?

I have a burn scar on my left hand that is the result of an incident that happened this past June. I feel like I've ruined the appearance of the hand that tells the world that I'm married. And people are constantly asking me about it, and I can't stand it anymore. There has GOT to be a way to get rid of this thing. Would people be asking me about a scar like this if it were on my face? Anyway, I'm just interested to hear some opinions as to whether or not this scar could be faded.

Best way to remove a red scar.

+1

Ideally, you want to wait for a scar to mature or heal as fully  physiologically before considering treatments. As the scar matures, the red look will actually improve or resolve.

If the redness in the area of the scar is distressing to look at, you may want to consider Pulsed-Dye Laser or Intense Pulsed Light treatments. 

Vbeam laser

+1

The Vbeam laser works well on Red Scars. It is also non-invasive and will give you some notable change within 2 treatments but a full series would be best.

Boris Zaks, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist