How Should I Remove a Raised Birthmark/mole the Size of a Pinky Fingerprint Located Near my Lip? (photo)

How should I remove a raised birthmark/mole the size of a pinky fingerprint located near my lip? As far as I know this is not cancerous, therefore I thought laser may be an option. If not, how bad would the scar be if I had it surgically removed? Should I see a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon?

Facial Birthmark/mole Removal

The only way to remove this type of pigmented birthmark/mole/nevus is through surgical resection. This needs to be planned appropriately to best camouflage the scar.  

Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon