Possible to Remove Radiesse Lumps in Lips?

I recieved radiesse injections into my lips in 05/06 and I have the white soft lumps under the skin in my lips. Can I remove it?

Juvederm is a much better product to use in the lips

+1

Radiesse lumps in the lips have to be removed surgically and are difficult to remove. Juvederm is a much better product to use in the lips.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse into lips

+1
Did you comment that you had Radiesse injected into the skin-colored or red lips? Radiesse can be used in the skin-colored lips with caution but most doctors avoid it in the red lips because of luumps. The lumps may need to be cut out but this can leave a scar.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Raidiesse Used in Lips, No No No!

+1

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you were exposed to an injector who is inexperienced.  Perhaps in 2006 your injector did not know the consequences of Radiesse in the lips. In this day and age, it is well known that Radiesse should not be used in the lips as it causes lumps.  It is very difficult to remove the lumps, usually involving a surgical procedure.  Consult with an experienced general plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or cosmetic dermatologist. I hope that your lip problems resolve without longterm lumps and bumps.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Radiesse

+1

Consult your physician, If the Radiesse can be seen as white lumps under the skin . It might be possible to express it out through a needle puncture hole, if the Radiesse was injected recently.

Radiesse is not a lip filler

+1

Radiesse should not be used to fill lips. It will clump most of the time.  Usually these can be removed with small incisions overlying the bumps. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Radiesse is a lousy lip Filler

+1

I am sorry you had to find out this way that Radiesse is a lousy lip filler. Its main vehicle is sea coral dust - hydroxyapatite, which is great as a bone gap filler, but has no place in the lip. It is hard to remove this clumps unless they are located under the surface. Doing so requires an incision and piece by piece removal of these concretions.

This highlights why no one should EVER go for permanent fillers in the lip. Just like "Change", the "permanent" can be permanently awful, not necessarily permanently good.